On April 17, 2020, the National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC IRAP) introduced its Innovation Assistance Program (IAP). The IAP is a wage subsidy for eligible employers for up to 12 weeks that are pursuing technology-driven innovation and are otherwise ineligible for the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) program.
A company must meet all of the following conditions to be IAP eligible:
- An incorporated, profit-oriented small or medium-sized business in Canada
- Have 500 or fewer full-time equivalent employees
- Plan to pursue growth and profit by developing and commercializing innovative, technology-driven new or improved products, services or processes in Canada
- Lack sufficient financial resources to sustain operations form April 1, 2020, to June 23, 2020
- Have a Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) business number
- Incorporated no later than March 1, 2020
- Ineligible for the CEWS
Eligible businesses can complete an application here between now and April 29, 2020, 11:59 PM EDT.
More information can be found on the National Research Council website.