Bateman Mackay LLP is currently recruiting a full-time Staff Accountant to join our NTR Team. This hybrid role can be located out of Burlington or Mississauga Office, as well as includes weekly work from home days.
At Bateman MacKay (BMCA) we understand that a premier accounting Firm provides more than just high quality accounting, tax, and business advisory services to their clients. It provides an engaging, supportive, and fun place to work. It provides a safe place for team members to learn, grow and explore their career path. We explain it simply as Numbers Plus. Where the accounting and tax work is just the beginning of what we offer to clients, and a competitive salary and benefits are just the beginning of what we offer to our team members.
We believe our team members and the Firm culture we all help to create are the cornerstones of our success. We value the unique contributions and voice of each team member. We also know that our diversity in backgrounds, education, and expertise allow us to build a culture to celebrate and learn from one another. At BMCA, we value each person for who they are and the contributions they make to the team and are always on the lookout for highly talented and motivated individuals looking to contribute to this success. We are excited for you to join us!
What you will experience at BMCA:
- Hybrid work model – benefiting from both remote and in office environments
- Nine (9) Fridays off during July and August in lieu of tax season hours
- Competitive salary & benefits (including Company paid health, dental and vision premiums)
- Professional development and mentoring from senior staff and Partners
- Referral Incentive Program for referring new clients and team members to the Firm
- Opportunity to join in-house committees: Charity - Technical – Social - Environmental
- Social events throughout the year (We like to celebrate!)
- Healthy workplace with ergonomic workstations, unlimited coffee, tea and healthy snacks (and a few less healthy ones!)
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business/Accounting or relevant subject, or College Diploma in Accounting
Experience: Minimum of 2+ years experience in an Accounting role
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
- Prepare private business compilation engagements (NTR), financial statements and corporate tax returns
- Prepare journal entries as required
- Review general ledger accounts activities for reasonability in regards to the allocation of revenues and disbursements
- Ability to prepare and review bank reconciliations
- Provide leadership and technical guidance on engagements
- Developing working relationships with clients
- Interacting with tax authorities regarding tax discrepancies and client statements of accounts
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of business concepts and government regulations including the ability and/or prepare HST, EHT, WSIB, and Payroll returns
- Arranging and presenting data on schedules, spreadsheets, returns, or other work reports using Excel, Caseware/Caseview
- Applying knowledge of tax forms, tax concepts, computer applications and other source material to prepare tax returns, projections and other data
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with acute attention to detail
- Keen interest in continued learning and professional development
- Contribute to team success and foster a collaborative work environment
- Proficient in MS Office, Quicken, QuickBooks, and Simply Accounting
- Familiarity with Jazz-IT and TaxPrep would be an asset
- Experience in bookkeeping would also be an asset
- Experience with Xero would be an asset
- Knowledge of personal tax would be an asset
- Results oriented, organized, prioritizes workload and takes ownership of file
- If enrolled with the CPA program, completion of all hour requirements is compulsory.
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask, while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check is a requirement of this position;
- Credit Check is a requirement of this position;
- Must be legally qualified to work in Canada;
- Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s License and reliable vehicle.
If you are interested in making an impact, and joining a group of collaborative, hard working (and fun) professionals, please apply at: email@example.com we are looking forward to hearing from you!
Bateman MacKay is an equal opportunity employer and we accommodate any needs under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Respect for the dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace is fundamental for us. Our Firm recognizes the importance of diversity and fosters an inclusive, cohesive, and compassionate culture modeled by our Partners and employees. If you require assistance please contact Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org