Bateman Mackay LLP is currently recruiting a full- time Senior Accountant to join our Assurance Team. This hybrid role can be based out of our Burlington or Mississauga office, as well as weekly work from home days.
At Bateman MacKay (BMCA) we understand that a premier accounting Firm provides more than just high-quality accounting, tax, and business advisory services to their clients. It provides an engaging, supportive, and fun place to work. It provides a safe place for team members to learn, grow and explore their career path. We explain it simply as Numbers Plus. Where the accounting and tax work is just the beginning of what we offer to clients, and a competitive salary and benefits are just the beginning of what we offer to our team members.
In an industry known for long hours, stress, and burnout, we stand apart by genuinely prioritizing work-life harmony. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, we provide a supportive atmosphere that allows you to cultivate a sustainable career in public accounting while fully enjoying life outside the firm.
We recognize that work-life harmony means different things to different people, so we foster a culture of mutual trust and understanding to accommodate each individual's unique needs. By embracing these principles, we aim to reduce stress, prevent burnout, and help you create a fulfilling, long-term career at our Firm.
Celebrate Your Unique Value
Our team members and the vibrant culture we co-create form the foundation of our success. We value the distinct perspectives, backgrounds, and expertise that each individual brings to BMCA, fostering a culture of accountability and growth. We're always on the lookout for talented, motivated individuals eager to contribute to our success and welcome you to join our team.
What you can expect from working at BMCA:
- Hybrid work model – benefiting from both remote and in office environments
- Nine (9) Fridays off during July and August in lieu of tax season hours
- Competitive salary & benefits (including Company paid health, dental and vision premiums)
- RRSP Matching program & Wellness Incentive
- Professional development and mentoring from senior staff and Partners
- Referral Incentive Program for referring new clients and team members to the Firm
- Opportunity to join in-house committees: Charity - Social - Environmental
- Social events throughout the year (We like to celebrate!)
- Healthy workplace with ergonomic workstations, unlimited coffee, tea and healthy snacks (and a few less healthy ones!)
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business/Accounting or relevant subject
Experience: 3-4+ years experience in Public Accounting in an assurance role
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
- Prepare private business review and audit engagements including financial statements, financial statements disclosures and corporate tax returns
- Manage various deadlines for files including bank reporting requirements and tax filing requirements
- Prepare memos with appropriate conclusions based on the situational facts and the appropriate accounting standard
- Prepare journal entries as required
- Review general ledger accounts activities for reasonability in regards to the allocation of revenues and disbursements
- Provide leadership and technical guidance on engagements
- Develop working relationships with clients
- Interacting with tax authorities regarding tax discrepancies and client statements of accounts
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of business concepts and government regulations, including HST/GST, EHT, WISB, payroll, and government assistance programs (CEWS, CEBA, etc.)
- Arranging and presenting data on schedules, spreadsheets, returns or other work reports using Excel, Word, CaseWare/CaseView
- Familiarity with Jazz-IT, TaxPrep and Mindbridge would be an asset
- Applying knowledge of tax forms, tax concepts, computer applications and other source material to prepare tax returns, projections and other data
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent knowledge of Canadian Accounting Standards (ASPE, IFRS, ASNPO, ASPP) and Canadian Auditing Standards (CAS)
- Previous audit and review preparation experience
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with acute attention to detail
- Keen interest in continued learning and professional development
- Contribute to team success and foster a collaborative work environment
- Proficient in MS Office, QuickBooks, and Simply Accounting
- Results oriented, organized, prioritizes workload and takes ownership of file
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask, while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- CPA or enrolled in CPA program
- Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check is a requirement of this position;
- Credit Check is a requirement of this position;
- Must be legally qualified to work in Canada;
- Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s License and vehicle.
If you are interested in making an impact, and joining a group of collaborative, hard working (and fun) professionals, please apply at: email@example.com we are looking forward to hearing from you!