Client Service Coordinator (Hybrid) - Burlington
Maternity leave Replacement (1 year) – September 2023 Start
Bateman MacKay is seeking a full time Client Service Coordinator to join our Burlington, Ontario office for a 12-month (September 2023 Start) maternity leave contract. This role also includes weekly work from home days.
The ideal candidate is responsible for providing administrative support to a Partner/Manager and handling all administrative duties related to the Partner’s/Manager’s client base. In this key position, you will work closely with the administration team to ensure all bank/government deadlines are met, all managers are supported, and to provide exemplary client service.
Experience in accounting/tax industry is an asset, but not mandatory. Full training is provided.
At Bateman MacKay (BMCA) we understand that a premier accounting Firm provides more than just high-quality accounting, tax, and business advisory services to their clients. It provides an engaging, supportive, and fun place to work. It provides a safe place for team members to learn, grow and explore their career path. We explain it simply as Numbers Plus. Where the accounting and tax work is just the beginning of what we offer to clients, and a competitive salary and benefits are just the beginning of what we offer to our team members.
In an industry known for long hours, stress, and burnout, we stand apart by genuinely prioritizing work-life harmony. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, we provide a supportive atmosphere that allows you to cultivate a sustainable career in public accounting while fully enjoying life outside the firm.
We recognize that work-life harmony means different things to different people, so we foster a culture of mutual trust and understanding to accommodate each individual's unique needs. By embracing these principles, we aim to reduce stress, prevent burnout, and help you create a fulfilling, long-term career at our Firm.
Celebrate Your Unique Value
Our team members and the vibrant culture we co-create form the foundation of our success. We value the distinct perspectives, backgrounds, and expertise that each individual brings to BMCA, fostering a culture of accountability and growth. We're always on the lookout for talented, motivated individuals eager to contribute to our success and welcome you to join our team.
What you can expect from working at BMCA
- Hybrid work model – benefiting from both remote and in office environments
- Nine (9) Fridays off during July and August in lieu of tax season hours
- Competitive salary & benefits (including Company paid health, dental and vision premiums)
- Professional development and mentoring from senior staff and Partners
- Referral Incentive Program for referring new clients and team members to the Firm
- Opportunity to join in-house committees: Charity - Technical – Social - Environmental
- Social events throughout the year (We like to celebrate!)
- Healthy workplace with ergonomic workstations, unlimited coffee, tea and healthy snacks (and a few less healthy ones)!
Education: College/University preferred
Experience: 2+ years experience in an administrative role
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
- All core administrative duties are specific to the Managers’ and their clients
- NTR & Assurance administration (drafts, collation, tracking, follow-ups and archiving)
- Workflow + Finalization of other tax filings (T1, T3, T4, T5, HST, etc.)
- Workflow management + tracking of upcoming deadlines,
- Database updates / some data entry
- Set up new clients (server, database, collect information, professional courtesy letters, CaseWare template set up, retainer, engagement letters, authorization),
- Invoicing, Accounts Receivables, and WIP management
- Respond to and handle miscellaneous client requests and queries
- Prepare miscellaneous government correspondence
- Prepare proposals/engagement letters/yearend letters
- Assist with update of internal admin manual(s)
- Ontario annual returns
- Corporate Dissolutions
- Weekly check-in with Partner
- Maintain Firm file structures
- HST/Payroll Registrations
- Communicate with the Manager of Administration on files that are due
- Overflow from Admin Coordinators, as required to meet bank/tax deadlines
- Collection Letter for all Partners (Accounts Receivables Tier II)
- Monthly Team Meeting Agenda + Minutes
- Other tasks as assigned
Coordinator Specific Responsibilities
- Reception coverage (overflow from Reception):
- greeting clients (in person & phone)
- receive and distribute incoming mail and courier packages
- Arrange and log outgoing faxes, mail, and couriers
- Post courier disbursements
Skills & Experience
- Ability to multi-task and attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines/comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to work independently, producing detailed work with accuracy
- Strong verbal/ written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Intermediate (or higher) level of proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Comfortable with, and quick to learn new software & systems
- High level of accuracy (detail oriented)
- Excellent critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check is a requirement of this position;
- Credit Check is a requirement of this position;
- Must be legally qualified to work in Canada;
- Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s License and vehicle.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to us at email@example.com .