At Bateman MacKay (BMCA) we understand that a premier accounting Firm provides more than just high quality accounting, tax, and business advisory services to their clients. It provides an engaging, supportive, and fun place to work. It provides a safe place for team members to learn, grow and explore their career path. We explain it simply as Numbers Plus. Where the accounting and tax work is just the beginning of what we offer to clients, and a competitive salary and benefits are just the beginning of what we offer to our team members.
We believe our team members and the Firm culture we all help to create are the cornerstones of our success. We value the unique contributions and voice of each team member. We also know that our diversity in backgrounds, education, and expertise allow us to build a culture to celebrate and learn from one another. At BMCA, we value each person for who they are and the contributions they make to the team and are always on the lookout for highly talented and motivated individuals looking to contribute to this success. We are excited for you to join us!
Employer: Bateman MacKay LLP
Terms of Employment: Full-time / Permanent
Location: Burlington, Ontario and Partial Remote
Employment Address: 5096 South Service Road, Suite 102, Burlington, ON, L7L 5H4
Hours of Work: 40 hours/week
- Eligible for discretionary bonuses and/or salary increases in accordance with company policy.
- Eligible for group medical benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, and LTD (LTD is paid by employee).
- Eligible for RRSP Matching Program
- Professional development and mentoring from senior staff and Partners
- Referral Incentive Program for referring new clients and team members to the Firm
- Opportunity to join in-house committees: Charity - Technical – Social - Environmental
- Social events throughout the year (We like to celebrate!)
- Healthy workplace with ergonomic workstations, unlimited coffee, tea and healthy snacks (and a few less healthy ones!)
Salary: $26.06 CAD/hour
Contact: Please send resumes to email@example.com and include “Bookkeeper” in the email subject line.
- Communicate with Bateman MacKay Chartered Accountants (“BMCA”) clients via phone, email and virtual meeting sharing information related to their account
- On behalf of BMCA clients:
- Perform expert office services including bookkeeping
- Maintain accounts payable and accounts receivable records
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Prepare the trial balance
- Fact-checking accounting information
- Balance subsidiary accounts to reconcile accounts
- Maintain records of financial transactions by posting and verifying
- Maintain a balanced general ledger
- Assist in financial activities such as running payroll and generating invoices
- Establish a chart of accounts from client financial transition records in Quickbooks Online using client information
- Building supporting documentation for accounting transitions
- Prepare basic Notice to Readers (NTRs)
- Bringing in supporting documentation for NTR preparation
- Support the Record Keeping department
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Complete and submit tax remittance forms, workers' compensation forms, pension contribution forms and other government documents
- Prepare tax returns and perform other personal bookkeeping services
- Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports.
- Post-Secondary diploma in Bookkeeping, Accounting Technician, and/or Finance
- 1-3 years of bookkeeping experience
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks software
- Experience with accounting/bookkeeping for multiple clients at one time
- Experience working and communicating with clients focused on providing high quality customer service
- Credit Check is a requirement of this position
- Must be legally qualified to work in Canada
- Able to work in a fast based environment
- Self-starter who is able to multitask effectively with advanced attention to detail
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are essential
- Experience with and proficiency in Excel, and accounting software
- The ability to work on multiple projects while adhering to tight deadlines
- The ability to communicate complex financial information to others including with those with minimal financial backgrounds
- Excellent data entry skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with the general principles of accounting
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and determination
- Knowledge of foreign reporting is an asset
- Familiarity with working within budget/time allocation on a project is an asset
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Bookkeeper” in the email subject line
We appreciate and thank all applicants for your interest in a position with Bateman MacKay, however only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
Bateman MacKay is an equal opportunity employer, and we accommodate any needs under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Respect for the dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace is fundamental at Bateman MacKay. Our Firm recognizes the importance of diversity and fosters an inclusive, cohesive, and compassionate culture. If you have any questions or would like to request an accommodation, please contact our Human Resources department at email@example.com.