Mergers and Acquisitions
Buying and selling a business can be a complicated and often emotional process. Mergers and acquisitions are a strategic choice for securing growth and expanding, or an opportunity to realize the value of a lifetime’s work. These types of transactions require particular methods of evaluating financial statement information to ensure the purchaser knows exactly what they are receiving and the seller is getting the correct value for their company. Bateman MacKay LLP can be your guide through the complex process of mergers, acquisitions and restructuring. With so much involved from tax implications and business valuations to staffing issues and post-merger integrations, our advisory services can be invaluable. We are available to provide sound tax and business advice and prepare information to assist with the purchase or sale transaction that is unique to each company.
Areas where we can help during your merger or acquisition process:
- Negotiation Support – We ensure you have the financial understanding and support to make a successful deal.
- Due Diligence – Bateman MacKay LLP can assist either side of the transaction to help bring the deal to fruition by preparing a comprehensive appraisal of a business to evaluate its commercial potential.
- Purchase and Sale Transaction Structuring and Agreements – We provide our input concerning the accounting, tax and other implications of the structure of the transaction and the related asset/share purchaser agreement.
- Financing Strategy – Bateman MacKay LLP can set out a plan to finance the purchase of a company and current operations while planning to achieve objectives in the future.
- Pre and Post Acquisition Tax Planning and Reorganization – We help ensure all corporate and tax implications of the purchase or sale of a business are comprehensively addressed.
We have assisted numerous clients through the mergers and acquisitions process and have concluded on transactions with a total fair market value in excess of $1.5 billion. Bateman MacKay LLP has helped small owner/operators, multinational companies and every size in-between take the next step in their businesses path. Contact us to find out how we can help you in the merger and acquisition process.