Mergers and Acquisitions
Buying and selling a business can be convoluted and complex process. It is also often an emotional process. While mergers and acquisitions are strategic choices for securing growth and expansion, the process also provides an important opportunity to assess and evaluate the value of a lifetime’s work. Let Bateman MacKay be your guide. With so much involved from tax implications and business valuations to staffing issues and post-merger integrations, our advisory services can be invaluable. We are available to provide sound tax and business advice and prepare information to assist with the purchase or sale transaction that is unique to each company.
Areas where we can help during your merger or acquisition process:
- Negotiation Support – We equip you with the financial understanding and confidence to make a successful deal.
- Due Diligence – Bateman MacKay LLP can assist either side of the transaction that can deliver a deal by preparing a comprehensive appraisal of a business to evaluate its commercial potential.
- Purchase and Sale Transaction Structuring and Agreements – We provide our input concerning the accounting, tax and other implications of the structure of the transaction and the related asset/share purchaser agreement.
- Financing Strategy – Bateman MacKay LLP can set out a plan to finance the purchase of a company and current operations while planning to achieve objectives in the future.
- Pre and Post Acquisition Tax Planning and Reorganization – We help ensure all corporate and tax implications of the purchase or sale of a business are comprehensively addressed.